Animal Markets in Poland
Since 2003, Animals' Angels has been campaigning for the 'farm' animals at markets in Poland. Since 2012, we have been supported by Magda and Pawel from the Polish animal welfare organisation 'Viva! Interwencje' . With their expertise, language skills and their big heart for the animals, they expose abuses and give their voice to the 'farm' animals. In 2017, after four years together, we decided to leave the operational work on-site to Viva! Magda and Pawel are still with the animals while Animals' Angels supports their work financially. More about the current situation at animal markets in Poland you'll find on the website of Viva! Interwencje.
What are the Animals Suffering From?
Most animal markets in Poland do not implement existing EU legislation:
- Animals do not have access to water.
- In most cases, they are tied up and put on hard concrete floors.
- The transport vehicles are often unsuitable.
- Even if permanently installed ramps are available, many animals are pulled, pushed and beaten into the vehicles without ramps.
- Poultry is sold and transported in plastic bags and potato sacks.
- The authorities still intervene far too rarely when animal protection laws are violated.